JD Scion Road Racing Team Prepares to Defend National Title at Miller Motorsports Park
Performance Touring C Championship Race to be Broadcast Live This Coming Sunday
TORRANCE, Calif. (Sept. 8, 2009) - With a hard-earned 2008 national championship under their belts from Mid-Ohio, driver and team manager Dan Gardner and the Scion road racing team are getting ready to defend their title. This year the stage has changed with the event being held at Miller Motorsports Park, just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah.
What hasn't changed, however, is that some of the best road racers from across the country will be battling for the win at NASA's most prestigious sprint racing event. This year, fans from all around the world will be able to tune-in live to watch the entire race online. This is in addition to the normally scheduled live timing and scoring. The broadcast is made possible by Scion team sponsors Dezod Motorsports, the forced induction specialists, and Church Automotive Testing, the champions' choice in dyno tuning. Mothers car care products also contributed to the broadcast. Details are as follows:
When: Sunday, September 13, 2009
2:15 p.m. MOUNTAIN TIME
What: NASA Performance Touring C (PTC) National Championship Race
In addition to racing, the team will be running in NASA's Time Trial C (TTC) class. Live broadcasts of TT will occur at 2:00 p.m on Saturday, September 12 and 4:20 p.m. on Sunday, September 13. Again, all times are Mountain Time.
Live Timing and Scoring:
When: Thursday, September 10 through Sunday September 13
What: NASA National Championships
The team is competing in Groups G and J. The entire race week schedule can be found here:
Scion Racing will be competing against highly-prepared cars such as Mazda RX-8s and turbocharged Miatas, supercharged and turbocharged MINI Coopers, Lotus Elises, Chevy Camaros, and BMW M3s.
"With a new year always come new challenges, and this is a big one for us," said Gardner. "There are going to be some fast machines out there and some great drivers. We have a good shot, though, and I think Miller will be a good track for our TRD supercharged and intercooled Scion tC. As far as car prep goes, there are simply too many people to thank, but rest assured that everyone slaved over the last few weeks to put together a bulletproof car, and it's my privilege to have each and every one of them involved."
Brad Allen, longtime crew chief for Gardner and the Scion road racing team added:
"We're as ready as we're going to be. The whole crew is going to make sure the car is flawless and give Dan the best shot to bring it all home. It's rare for a road race to be broadcast live, either on TV or online. We hope all the Scion fans who couldn't make it will tune in to catch all the action on Sunday. We think this will be the most exciting national championship ever!"
Perhaps most important of all is the fact that the team will be fighting for the win on behalf on Technosquare's Richey Watanabe, who recently became ill. Richey and Technosquare have been a vital resource for the team over the last several years, building the cage, the engine, and other various trick fabricated bits and pieces. The team will proudly display decals at the event in honor of Richey and the shop.
The JD Scion tC team uses:
- Scion-supplied OE parts
- TRD-supplied supercharger and intercooler, front big brake kit
- Pilot Automotive HID driving lamps
- Nitto 235/40R17 NT-01 tires
- Enkei RPF1 17x8 wheels
- OS Giken Super Lock Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
- Dezod-supplied AEM standalone engine management, plug-and-play harness, injectors, end links, and stainless clutch line
- Church Automotive Testing dyno tuning
- Moton Suspension remote reservoir coilover shocks
- Vogtland springs
- Progress Technology rear swaybar and camber kits
- Motul brake fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, and super coolant
- Racepak IQ3 logger dash
- AEM sensors, EMS, and dry flow air filter
- Kaminari carbon-fiber roof and composite headlights
- Royalty Auto Body body work
- America's Tire Co. tire mounting and balancing
- Racetech Viper head-restraint race seat and 6-point harnesses
- Centerforce clutch and low-inertia steel flywheel
- AIT carbon-fiber hood and hatch
- Wild Pony Motorsports-supplied camber/caster plates
- Goodridge fittings and lines
- Carbotech XP10 and XP8 brake pads
- G-Force racing suit, gloves, helmet, shoes
- DC Sports header
- Energy Suspension bushings and motor mounts
- HoseTechniques silicone hoses
- Tri-Mountain Racewear team gear
- NST supercharger pulley, alternator pulley, and shifter bushings
Jackson-Dawson Communications (JD) is a 28-year-old privately held company that provides creative and strategic services to a range of national clients. Core competencies include retail training, event marketing, marketing services, business theater, video and media production services, meeting planning, print graphic and design services, staging service and vehicle management.
With corporate offices in Detroit, MI, Jackson-Dawson also maintains offices in Torrance, CA, Nashville, TN and Manhattan, NY. Jackson-Dawson owns and operates several divisions: Peloton Creative Group, BenMar Communications, Drivers Talk Radio and Drivers Talk Testing.